Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Working With Mistakes

My... pillowcase?
When you work with crafts you quickly realize that even the most experienced person makes mistakes, and if you're like me, you aren't the most experienced person.

Most of what I'm doing on this dollhouse is new stuff to me, taking crafts that I've played with before (like crocheting) and adjusting them to work with a dollhouse.  The only things I've crocheted before are lap quilts in a simple straight lined weave.  I decided this time I would attempt a circular weave for the pillow cases.  Lets just say it didn't work - but out came a pretty cute looking hat small enough for Barbie.

So when a cut goes wrong, the paint spills, or something seems to horribly go awry take a step back and try to see it as something else.  What could this be used for?  Could you adjust a few things and have it work out in a different way?  Being flexible is one of the most important things when working on crafts.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment