Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sweetheart Chair

 For She-she's "Sweetheart" bedroom I decided to make a Sweetheart Chair. These chairs are easily adjustable to fit whatever theme you want to have for your little dollhouse room.  It can be expanded into couches and personalized in general.


1.  For this one you will need a piece of wood (Mine is just under 6 inches) and whatever "decor" pieces you would like - In my case I opted for 2 hearts.

2.  Cut the wood at a 30 degree angle.  For straight up and down do a flat cut - This offers a slight recline that appears more comfortable.

I chose to round out my seat "cushions" for a softer look.  I did this with a power sander.  



 3. Sand all the edges, including the back.  




 


 4. Test the fit and angle.  If it isn't flush adjust a bit with the sander.  



5. Using a file rough up one side (the side you intend to glue) this helps it adhere fully.
6. Liberally apply the glue to both sides and stick together.   

7. Let it dry fully. 
 8. Sand down any excess glue once fully dry.
 9.  Rough up your decor pieces.
10. And glue them on.


10.  Let dry and paint however you would like. I went simple so I could accent it with pillows.


No comments:

Post a Comment