Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Playing School - Our Daily Start

One of the things our Kindergarten asks for our children to learn is the calendar.  They should know the days of the week, the months of the year, and have a general knowledge of the clock.  Since my daughter could maybe tell you that Friday was a day, but couldn't tell you when day it was, I figured we needed to really dive into the calendar, thus our Daily Start with Calendar Time!

Let me first explain our "Calendar" and link you to some great places where you can make your own.  In total I spent about $30 in this because I really wanted a laminating system to get all the individual little parts.

Break Down:
$0.69 for the wildly pink poster board. (My daughter's choice)
$27.99 for the laminating system.
About $0.50 worth of white paper...if that.



We have our actual calendar, which I got from TpT.  This will be our daily start to bring us into focus for school.  We'll start by singing the Months of The Year to the tune of Ten Little.  Then we'll put up the day of the month it is, count to that number, and sing our Days of the Week to the tune of The Adams Family.



Then we'll move over to our clock.  I really wanted one that included the :00, :05, etc. so I opted for one similar to this one.  We'll discuss what time it is, and AM and PM, when lunchtime is etc.

Then we will go to our weather chart and weather bear.  I created my own weather bear, which is really simple to do, but there are dozens of links out there for both the chart and the bear.  I'll be scanning it in soon so everyone can have access to it - I just can't get to it today.  (Oh the joys of pregnancy! haha)



Once we have completed the calendar we'll do our "Wow's" (___ of the Week).  It will include color, number, shape, letter, food, and animal.  

I think our daily start will be a great way for She-she to focus in on school and be prepared to start the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment