Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dollighted Your Visiting!

Welcome to Dollighted!  I am currently in full build mode on my daughter's dollhouse which I plan on giving her for Christmas 2012.  We have a strict "goal budget" of $100 dollars for the entire project as that is what you will spend on a plastic/cardboard Barbie Doll house.

I have had requests to post "how to's" and show my progress from friends and family, so I figured we'd start this blog.  Hopefully it will turn out as adorable as my head pictures it. :)

The ideas on these pages are my own or are inspired and compiled from around the web, especially helpful are Pinterest, Youtube, and Etsy.  I will be linking some things online at my etsy store as well, and in some cases my inspiration from others.

In the cases where I am buying something premade (like the toy chest I will be uploading in a few days) I will be including how much I have spent on it and where I got it.  Otherwise you can assume it came from my closet of craft supplies.  

In case you're wondering what is in my closet of supplies I'll list some supplies below (And each blog will include a list as well) They're pretty typical, and you most likely have most in your closet.  Some projects will include a difficulty rating as well - for example I have carved my doors, but for someone who has never used carving tools it may be more difficult, and some things, like Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, may look hard but tend to be pretty easy.

My Tools: 
Sewing Machine
Embroidery Needles
Embroidery Ring
Straight Pins
Jigsaw
Circular Saw
Belt Sander (Sandpaper will work but takes longer)
Hand Sander
Miniature Cookie Cutters
Toothpaste cap (the ridged kind...yes really lol)
Wood Carving tools

My Supplies: 
Fabric
Ribbons
Mod Podge
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
Polymer clay
Pastels
2x4's (wood)
Balsa wood
Dowel Rods
Glitter
Various pendants, wood / metal
Old broken jewelry
Rocks
Twigs

No comments:

Post a Comment